My dad’s all time favorite cookies. We only make them during the holidays and the yearly wait is well worth it.
I hope you enjoy this simple, yummy recipe. If you run out of pine nuts like I usually do, chop another nut up and use that instead (pistachios are great).
- 1 1/2 lbs almond paste (3 boxes)
- 1 1/2 cups raw sugar
- 1 cup raw powdered sugar
- 4 egg white
- 3 cups pine nuts (if you don’t have enough, another nut like pistachios or almonds will be yummy too)
- Preheat an oven to 350 F. Line 2 pans with parchment paper
- Combine all ingredients except the pine nuts in a mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Roll tablespoon sized balls. Place the pine nuts and in a bowl and roll the balls of dough around on the pine nuts until coated.
- Space the cookies at least 3 inches a part and baked for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a rack once out of the oven.