My favorite technique for cooking sweet potatoes is slow roasting. My recipe for this you can find here. Once you cook the sweet potatoes, you can utilize the following recipe for my sweet potato casserole.
Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole
- flesh of 8 sweet potatos
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- Add the sweet potato flesh, spices, and milk to a blender and blend until very creamy
- Spread the creamy sweet potatoes in a casserole dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Top the creamy sweet potatoes with maple nuts (see recipe in other blog post) and bake the casserole for 30 minutes until hot.